This section of the Toolkit looks at many of the practical issues associated with the early years of practice at the Bar. It contains tips on how to conduct yourself, and how to get on in Chambers, as well as regulatory information.
It does not include information on getting pupillage: there are lots of other online resources about this – see the section Pupillage and how to get it. If you would like to see more information on pupillage added to the site, please let us know.
- How to conduct yourself as a pupil
- Applications for tenancy
- Relationships with more senior members of chambers
- Timetabling holidays
- Working with your clerks
- Relationships with solicitors
- Marketing your practice
- CPD: How best to choose your points
- Childcare and other personal commitments
- The first years of practice – regulatory reguirements
- The Bar Council, the BSB Handbook and Professional Guidance
- Keeping a record of your work
- Handling complaints made against you