State benefits and tax credits for the self-employed

If you really hit hard times you might be able to claim some state help towards housing and living costs. The rules are complicated. A good place to start is the Turn2Us website, which enables you relatively quickly to assess your benefit entitlement.

If that doesn’t answer your questions, or you wish to speak to someone in more detail, contact Citizens Advice. There is a wealth of information, including specific guidance on benefits, on the Citizens Advice website.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s